Sunday, February 7, 2016

Guest Designer for Robyn's Fetish

This week over at the Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog, the theme is Valentine's Day cards! I am honored to be a Guest Designer this week, and I used the digi "Hog Wild Over You" for my card. You can find it along with lots of other great Valentine digis and digis for all occasions at the Robyn's Fetish Website: http://robynsfetish.com/shop/. I hope you'll join the challenge at http://robynsfetishchallengeblog.blogspot.com
I started my card by importing my digi into my Silhouette Studio Design software and sizing it up to fit inside the largest of the Stitched Heart dies by Gina Marie Designs. (Just to put in another plug for my friend Gina, you can find all her dies, stamps and embossing folders at http://wholesalecraftingsupplies.com. You won't believe the prices on her dies! This stitched heart die set sells for $10!)
After printing my digi, I colored it with Copic and MEXPY markers and used a Sharpie pink glitter paint pen for the sparkly snouts, the inside of the pigs' ears, the tiny hearts in the digi and the drink in the glass they are sharing. This is a great digi to work with and has a lot of possibilities. I was thinking I could put "Hogs and Kisses" as the sentiment, but I really like the name of the digi as the sentiment, too, so I went with that for this card.
I used my Silhouette program to write the sentiment and then printed it out in several sizes and colors to see what would work best on this card. I used more of Gina's stitched hearts for embellishments as well as some heart sequins from Craftin' Deset Divas and some acrylic heart stickers from Freckled Fawn.
I watercolored a panel for the background here and then matted it on some red cardstock. I used glitter chalk to add some color to the sentiment heart and the table in the digi. Then I used some pale pink chalk to add a little color to the rest of the heart around my image. The small stitched hearts are die cut from CTMH papers.
Hope you can join us this week with all your fabulous Valentine's Day cards!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Craft It Up & Link It Up Linky Party by Craftin Desert Divas - 2W - (Week 1) Hearts
Die Cut Divas (M,P1,E4) Love, Marriage or Anniversaries
Dies R Us Challenge (2W,P1/15,E3,SIR) #42 Love

6 comments:

  1. Adorable, so sweet, cute, cute card, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, Carrie! I just love the sparkle on the snouts, the adorable heart sequins, and those cute little piggies sharing a drink! Really sweet design! Thanks for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas "Hearts" Linky Party!!
    Stephanie
    Craftin Desert Divas Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun and cute!

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG ... cute, cute, cute! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘LOVE’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. Also fits our 'pretty pink hearts' challenge at DOUBLE D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable, Carrie! I love that pig image from Robyn's Fetish. Thanks for joining the Dies R Us February, Love" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Valentine Card Cassie. Lov the pink colouring of Hog Wild Over You. Congrats on your GDT at Robyn's Fetish Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete