Thursday, May 19, 2016

MHK Designs Easter Card

I'm either really late or really early for an Easter card, but this digi from MHK Designs just seemed like the perfect digi to use for our twist this week over at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge. The twist is "FLOWERS," and aren't these just gorgeous?! You can take a look at all of Mynn's lovely designs at her etsy store at https://www.etsy.com/shop/MHKDesigns?ref=hdr_shop_menu

I sized up the sentiment and dig (both from MHK Designs "He Is Risen" set) using my Silhouette Design Studio software. I printed the lilies on Kraft and the sentiment on white cardstock. I used Gina Marie Designs "Rounded Stitched Rectangle" die set for the card base and the front panel and a Gina Marie Designs "Stitched Fishtail Banner" die for the sentiment. Then I used a Spellbinders cross die that I die cut using adhesive foam for some dimension and adhered that on top of a Spellbinders flourish die. I thought the corner needed just a touch more white for balance, so I added a small flower from the Gina Marie "X Stitch Rectangle" set that comes with small flower, heart and star dies. I added some pearls to the flower and flourish die cuts to finish off my embellishments. 
The digi was colored using Inkssentials opaque white pen for the lilies, a yellow Wink of Stella pen for the anthers (I discovered that's the technical name for the tops of the stamens! Learn something new every day!) and green colored pencil for the leaves. I really like the look of the white on Kraft paper. 

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous job color the lilies with the white pen looks wonderful on the kraft paper. Love the die cuts make this a striking card and perfect for Easter next year. Thanks for the help on the challenges.
    Hugs Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so pretty, Carrie. I love the white on the Kraft as well and the flower is do beautiful. Perfect Easter card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Carrie! The white on Kraft is quite striking! Wonderful Easter card!

    ReplyDelete