Monday, July 11, 2016

Tie Dye Thank You Card

This week over at the MFP Challenge blog, the challenge was to make a project using the tie dye technique. I had never done this before, but I really had fun with it and plan to use it again. My favorite challenges are the ones that inspire me to try something new! 
To make the tie dye background, I watched the video on the MFP page and used my sponges to add a light shade of pink ink in circles and then a darker shade of pink ink in the centers of the larger circles. There was no particular pattern here. I just sponged here and there until I thought I had enough circles on the watercolor paper. Then I used a paintbrush to add some water and blend the colors. 
For the card base, I used pink cardstock to make an A2 card. Then I trimmed my watercolor paper a little smaller than the card base and adhered it to the card front using glue tape. I added the die cut "thank you" with my Zig glue pen. The die cut was made with a Spellbinders die and die cut with PTI paper.
I thought about adding some embellishments but decided to keep it CAS in the end to really show off the tie dye background. I think my parents will like it. They hosted us last weekend at their house (there are six of us, mind you, plus my oldest son's girlfriend who came along with us!) and completely spoiled us like they always do when we come to visit, so I wanted to make a thank you card to let them know how much we appreciate their hospitality. 
Here's the watercolor paper with the sponged on ink before I added water with a paintbrush:
Now here it is after I added the water and blended with a paintbrush:
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
WordArt Wednesdays - W,5E , scriptural word art freebie offered each week#238/239(Week 1 of 2) Family Friendly/Anything Goes 
Sisterhood of Crafters  - 2nd and 4th Wed, 3E - Create Your Own Background (Week 2 of 2) 
Inspiration Destination - W, F- #91 Always Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments Challenge 2W,E5  #159 For A Girl + A Sentiment (W1 of 2) 
MFP Stamps Challenge W Tie Die Technique
DL ART Thursday Challenge 2W,2nd & 4th Thurs,3E #183 Summertime (or Thank You (Extended W3 of 2) Monthly Challenge: Always Anything Goes
Creatalicious Challenges (2W, P15/last day of the M) #94 - Anything Goes + Option: CAS
Crafting-With-Friends 2W, 3E - (W2 of 2) Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - W, E3, F - Always Anything Goes
Creative Corner - W, 3E  - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers -  2W , 3E, No totally digital projects - No.113 - (W1 of 2) Anything Goes 
Cut it Up- 2W, 1E, Must have Die Cuts - No. 100 - (W1 of 2) - Anything Goes
Country View Crafts' Challenge (M, P1) July - Have fun with circles

In The Pink 2W,3E #98 Fussy & Fancy Or CAS (in pink of course) (W1 of 2)
Sasayaki Glitter Challenge Blog M, 1st Thursday, F, E3  - July - CAS
Crafty Creations - 2W - #319 Clean and Simple (Week 1 of 2)

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Carrie! This is really cool! I've never seen this technique before! Beautiful outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great look. I love the idea and so soft. The Thank you is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.
    Billie A
    Aud Sentiments
    Creative with Stamps
    Catch the bug
    Inspiration Destination

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card. Simply pretty in pink! We're so glad you joined us at MFP Stamps Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Pam
    MFPSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a excellent job TFS MFPSS Lis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sasayaki Glitter, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pink tie die look! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Stamps Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty CAS design :-)
    Thanks for joining in our challenge at In The Pink!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool design Carrie - love your card. Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck. Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete